Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RIFT Interview

The RIFT interview on Gaming Heaven is an article-format conversation with Michael McGhee of Trion Worlds discussing RIFT, Trion's just-launched MMORPG. The conversation centers on the game's launch, and the issues that new massively multiplayer games must overcome. Michael also discusses plans for the future:

"Well we still have a huge list of things we'd like to implement in future - world events being one of them - and some of the features we have already implemented even I never thought would make it in. I mean, I never thought we'd be able to put invasions on the road and taking over quest hubs, you never do that, you never stop the player from questing and levelling, that's dumb, that is a rule. But what we realised was that if you put enemies on the road the player doesn't always have to fight them, sometimes he needs to take a new road like the hobbit from Lord of The Rings. It's simple features like that which create a completely different type of atmosphere in-game and keep things fresh for players."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: RIFT Interview Mar 7, 2011, 14:50 Sempai

While Rift is solid from a low lvl perspective it feels more like Warhammer to me and yet the character animations still dont compare to the 6 year old wow.

Pretty fucking sad if you ask me, the only thing Rift has going for it is that it's a mmo that's actually ready for prime time and the people running it seem like they have a brain.

Too much of a wow clone for me though, if im going to waste years of my life playing a mmo i'll stick with the original.

And Grounded..you have issues bud.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo