Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Technology of Dragon Age II

The Technology of Dragon Age II – Part 2 on the BioWare Blog offers an illustrated look at advancements in the role-playing sequel. Here's an overview of their goals:

One of the major goals of the team was to make the game look great on all platforms. Having accomplished that, we started researching what additional features we can offer to our users that have invested on higher end PC hardware. The latest PC GPUs that have been recently released on the market are very powerful. DirectX 11 technology is a great way for us to target this advanced GPU hardware, as DirectX 11 is fully backwards compatible with DirectX 10. So if you have a video card that supports DirectX 10, DirectX 10.1 or DirectX 11, and Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7, you’ll be able to benefit from additional technology features as described in this post.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

32. Re: Technology of Dragon Age II Mar 6, 2011, 07:45 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 6, 2011, 05:05:
My point was that your post ...
Not mine

As a multiplatform game it is very good on the PC though with a custom UI, control scheme, auto-attack and other tweaks plus high-res textures and DX11 effects. Frankly it's still a better PC version than 95% of other developers would do now-a-days.
Sorry, but that is all but sugarcoating. Only because Biowares PC versions are slightly better than the ordinary multiplattform PC version doesnt it make somewhat ok. Its still a lazy port, where i have to download additional data, spend time and bandwidth and therefore money for something which should be ON the disc from the start, because highres textures were advertised as in "comes with the game" and not "you may download them later".

Do you really think this is ok?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo