Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Interstellar Marines Stock Offer

The Interstellar Marines Website explains an unusual opportunity to earn shares in Zero Point Holdings, owners of the Interstellar Marines intellectual property, to those who purchase the support medals sold in the Interstellar Marines shop to fund development of the game. Here's word from "Uncle Gert," who is the game's angel investor: "To anyone who owns more than 20 Support Medals, I will personally transfer 10 of my ZPH shares for every 10 additional Support Medals owned. Hence if you own 30 Support Medals the first 20 Support Medals 'pimp's' your marine badge and the next 10 Support Medals earns you 10 of my ZPH shares." Thanks Nommar.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: Interstellar Marines Stock Offer Feb 27, 2011, 06:42 ASeven

Not saying this particular example is a well-thought idea, or a good example, but that they are trying something different, as many indies are. They are breaking the norm, for better or for worse, but at least they're moving away from the rigid business models of publishers and we can only win by creative business models being used more and more.

As for the game, anyone can play it on their website and render a judgement of it. I personally think it has some of the better avatar and weapon feel of any FPS I've played.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo