Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We've got heavy rain and fog in the area today, a chance of a thunderstorm later along with a high wind warning, a flood advisory and flood watch, all wrapped in a hazardous weather outlook. According to Punxsutawney Phil and Staten Island Chuck we have just over two weeks more of winter, and I have never been more eager for the magic of groundhog superstition to be true.

Stormy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Hambo.
Galaxy Tower Defense.
Watermelon Bomb.
Links: 5 Left 4 Dead Status Updates.
10 Classic Video Game Fashions.
Story: O.C. man convicted of putting semen in female co-worker's water bottle. Super ugh!
Science: National security driving a Helium-3 shortage, hurting physics.
Mosquito-attacking fungus engineered to block malaria.
Earliest Human Remains Found In U.S. Arctic.
Security FAIL.
Media: Super Mario Really Real. NSFW.
Xbox Girls Strike Back. NSFW.
How The Dark Knight Should Have Ended.
Predator: The Musical. NSFW.
The Funnies: An Update is Available for Your Computer.
Follow-up: Real life Mission Impossible rodent breaks into 'squirrel proof' bird feeder. Thanks Mike.
Alex Tanney Trick Shot Quarterback.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2011, 17:11 jimnms

PHJF wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 13:59:
So yesterday morning I get an email saying an account was registered at newegg to something resembling my email address (I have periods in my address, the newegg one registered without periods), and somebody from Washington ordered something. So I tell a Newegg rep that some douche made an account linked to my email (and I already HAVE a newegg account which uses my email). They say don't worry about it.

Last night before I went to bed, gmail told me my password was wrong. I put it in again... wrong password. At this point I'm pretty fucking livid. I only use my primary gmail account for reputable websites, I've never checked my mail anywhere except at MY computer, and nobody has access to my computer but me. And gmail won't let me reset the password because I don't have access to the email account from which I registered the gmail account like three years back.

What the FUCK.

Damn, that sucks. I have a similar problem with my gmail account. I use myfirstname.mylastname@gmail.com, and some idiot keeps registering at sites with myfirstnamemylastname@gmail.com (no dot). Then one time while out of town I checked my gmail address using the hotel's wifi. The next day I couldn't log in because it said the password was incorrect. Luckily I still had access to the recovery email address which I quit using years ago, so I was able to reset it. After that I put my cell phone number as the password recovery.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo