Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On PC Bulletstorm

An article on Ars Technica talks about issues with the PC edition of Bulletstorm, the just-released first-person shooter from Epic Games and People Can Fly. This offers some gripes about the PC edition of the game, talking about unreadable text after switching to widescreen mode, lack of in-game graphics adjustments, a framerate lock, the use of Games for Windows LIVE, and more. The good news is they describe how many of these issues can be addressed by messing around in the .ini files, which they describe as "weakly encrypted." They don't actually give details on what to change or how, but say: "The various unofficial forums online have great advice for different video card set-ups. Don't look for critical thoughts on the PC version on the official site, however, as those are getting locked," but a later article offers more tangible suggestions. Thanks Joker961.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

77. Re: On PC Bulletstorm Feb 25, 2011, 12:02 Krovven

Bulletstorm doesn't support AA?

Don't know who said it doesnt support AA...Pretty sure the references to bad aliasing were meant for the 360 version.

The PC version has AA in the Video options.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo