Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Gaming Alliance Interview

The PC Gaming Alliance Interview on bit-gamer.net talks with Intel's Matt Ployhar, the new president of this trade group. They discuss the organization's goals, how much it costs to be a member, DRM, and more. One answer discusses changes planned under the PCGA's new regime: "Several things actually. The biggest is setting a level of expectations. We’re in a marathon, not a sprint, and there are no instant fixes for some of the things we’d like to tackle next. PC gaming is an extremely dynamic ecosystem, and there’s a definite need to update the definitions of what a PC is, and who PC gamers are. We’ll be a lot more transparent moving forward. I believe we’ve been holding our cards a bit too closely, and frankly that doesn’t serve us or the ecosystem very well. It also seems to spool off into all sorts of speculation." Thanks Ant via Slashdot.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 22, 2011, 06:57 Nucas

Acleacius wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 03:06:
Nothing these guys can do for REAL PC gaming. They would have to expose m$ and their most likely illegal trade practices. m$ have continually undermined the whole gaming industry in an attempt to make a substandard platform a priority development over more sophisticated and superior PC systems.

you're talking like this is some centralized conspiracy orchestrated by one company, that's just delusional.

it all comes down to the bottom line. publishers (and most developers, i would wager) are happy with the status quo. the effort, the time and money investment with developing art assets, and so on. just the other day i read some interview of some bigwig with thq (i may even have found it here on blues) basically saying "new hardware? no thanks!" because development cost will go up. that's capitalism.

the pc is so tightly tied to the console hardware cycle, i havn't had to upgrade my video card for probably 2 years now, and i play everything maxed the fuck out. it's no one company's fault, certainly not microsoft.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo