Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

PCGA Interview

Big Download interviews Intel's Matt Ployhar, who recently took over as the new president of the PC Gaming Alliance, a trade group ostensibly formed to promote PC gaming. They discuss his qualifications for the position and the alliance's plans for the future, which sound flexible at the moment, with Ployhar saying: "nothing is currently set in stone and everything is on the table at this point." He talks of how improving internal and external communication is one of their top priorities, and also seems to admit their organization has not yet exerted the kind of influence many have hoped for: "PC Gaming has sort of thrived more in spite of itself rather than by the actions of any single entity. It seems to be doing well now; but that can ebb and flow." That said, he does express optimism for the PCGA's future:

I'm honored, and flattered, to have been chosen to lead the PCGA. I'm very dedicated in trying to get PC Gaming on the footing I've always believed it should have been on. Which is simply to make it the most logical gaming choice for all consumers in any geography. PC Gaming done right means we're out executing what other alternatives are able to deliver. Ultimately it comes down to share of mind and wallet; and to that end I sincerely believe PC Gaming already is the most logical choice. Now all we have to do is fine tune a few things and get the message out there.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

19. Re: PCGA Interview Dec 27, 2010, 06:09 LittleMe

Jerykk check this out.. Ten minutes in you'll see organized people can expose and not comply with tyranny from government. First several minutes are sort of painful though. Whew.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo