Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On StarCraft II in Korea

The StarCraft 2 Uber-Interview on Games On Net talks about the real-time strategy sequel with Blizzard's Bob Colayco and Chris Davey. One of their main concerns is the amount of money spent on marketing StarCraft II in Korea, and how the game's sales compare to the original StarCraft, which is an institution in that territory. While they continue to cultivate the game in the Korean market, there is an admission that it's been slower going than anticipated. "Yeah, it's fair to say that it didn't come out of the gates as well as we'd hoped," Colayco tells them. "But we're working on some things, such as the GSL with our partner GomTV, and some other initiatives to try and continue. There's definitely a lot of interest there, we're definitely in the top 10 as far as the played games in the IGR's and we're seeing some upward mobility there so we're doing what we can to prop that up."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: On StarCraft II in Korea Nov 28, 2010, 15:21 Kosumo

I read it somewhere (or seen it on TV).

I think that there is truth to it. I also believe that all the talk of the "PRO" gaming scene in Korea is over stated too. So they had tournaments broadcast live on TV ..... have you seen some of the other programs broadcast on Asian channels? Being broadcast on TV does not make you the NFL.

A few months back, someone here was saying now the players make millions of dollars, well, looking over the whole of the (english part) of the internet, I stuggled to find any evideance of that.

It's like saying that since there are Pro dart players and a TV league in England, that the whole of England is Darts crazy.

One Hundred and Eighty!

imho

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo