Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops

Activision announces the worldwide launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops, calling Treyarch's new military shooter sequel the most anticipated title of the year. "From the beginning, we focused our entire studio on creating the most immersive Call of Duty experience ever," said Treyarch Studio Head Mark Lamia. "Treyarch wanted to give Call of Duty fans the ultimate entertainment package this year. Black Ops delivers an epic and cinematic single player experience, an incredibly deep multiplayer offering, and endless hours of co-op fun with Zombies." Here's more on the game:

Call of Duty: Black Ops takes players around the globe, behind enemy lines, in the deepest and most intense Call of Duty® experience ever. The title raises the bar for online gameplay with an arsenal of features, including unprecedented player customization fueled by an all-new in-game currency system, new Wager Match gameplay modes, Theater video recording capabilities to capture favorite gameplay experiences, Combat Training and more. The Call of Duty: Black Ops’ launch follows a record-setting number of midnight openings worldwide, as thousands of retail outlets opened their doors at midnight to deliver the first copies.

On related notes, according to gamrFeed Black Ops has already racked up 4.5 million preorders (thanks Digg); Activision's Dan Amrich blogs to report bugs on the Call of Duty: Black Ops Forums (thanks Eurogamer); and Eurogamer has a video of the first 15 minutes of gameplay for those who like that sort of thing.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

74. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 10, 2010, 03:48 Chazix

Jerykk wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 03:33:
At this point, I really don't understand all the hype. CoD is basically the Madden of shooters. The gameplay has remain unchanged for the past nine years (I'm including MoH:AA). Sure, the games are very slick and polished but that's pretty superficial praise when the core gameplay is so shallow and stale. Hopefully people will start getting tired of the series soon so devs will be forced to try something new.

There are a ton of people new to gaming who have never played a Cod game And plenty of people who still enjoy it.
Do you think they should stop making Madden, maybe even stop real games of football, baseball whatever because they are the same games that they were decades ago?
And I certainly wouldn't call MP Cod shallow and stale.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo