StarWraith 3D Games
now offers a patched version of Evochron Mercenary
, bringing the latest installment in their space combat and trading game to version 1.108, which is required for multiplayer compatibility. The new installer, which serves as a playable trial as well as a patch for the previous version, can be found on their downloads page
, where they also have an updated version of the game's dedicated server, and a customizing kit with samples to help modify graphics, textures, sound, music, and text. The change list follows.
- More solar systems made available in demo.
- Occasional player drop due to rapid sector-to-sector travel fixed (server).
- Update rate for player status in multiplayer for shipyard and other menus increased.
- Jump drive control for NPC ships now properly bound for high energy nebula clouds.
- Players can now transfer installed equipment items directly to hangars and back to their ships.
- Custom cockpit system implemented to import external designs (see customizing kit for details).
- New 'Arc' sensitivity setting for flight control devices to offer an alternate response mode for axis inputs.
- Improvements to quest system to keep multiple waypoint patrol objective more manageable and accurate.
- Players can now destroy any player-built station type (including Research, Energy, Constructors, and Ore Processors).
- Single key/button mapping options added for quick save, autopilot, lock mining beam, padlock view, and cinematic view.
- Texture image quality for nav map and 3D radar waypoint and jump point markers improved.
- Power of throttle trim keys increased to match closely with lateral and vertical thrusters.
- Removed docking fees for player-built stations in hostile systems (for non-building players).
- Removed ship detonation when exiting shipyard with more fuel than tank capacity.
- NPC/AI controlled ships fly faster for added challenge in ship-vs-ship racing.
- Players can now use the jettison option for satellite delivery contracts.
- Rank icons would sometimes overlap from view in player list, now fixed.
- Players can now scuttle deployable stations while remaining in-sector.
- Axis control for energy setting not unbinding when remapping fixed.
- Target range list now includes offset spacing for improved legibility.
- 'Toggling' tractor beams on other player ships in multiplayer fixed.
- Map log entries now pause at the last character when scrolling.
- Reduced text display mode added for text/chat messages.
- Mod option for changing the ambient light level added.
- Auto-centering added for force feedback devices.
- Improved planet terrain collision detection.
- Several minor bug fixes.