Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evochron Mercenary Patched

StarWraith 3D Games now offers a patched version of Evochron Mercenary, bringing the latest installment in their space combat and trading game to version 1.108, which is required for multiplayer compatibility. The new installer, which serves as a playable trial as well as a patch for the previous version, can be found on their downloads page, where they also have an updated version of the game's dedicated server, and a customizing kit with samples to help modify graphics, textures, sound, music, and text. The change list follows.

• More solar systems made available in demo.
  • Occasional player drop due to rapid sector-to-sector travel fixed (server).
  • Update rate for player status in multiplayer for shipyard and other menus increased.
  • Jump drive control for NPC ships now properly bound for high energy nebula clouds.
  • Players can now transfer installed equipment items directly to hangars and back to their ships.
  • Custom cockpit system implemented to import external designs (see customizing kit for details).
  • New 'Arc' sensitivity setting for flight control devices to offer an alternate response mode for axis inputs.
  • Improvements to quest system to keep multiple waypoint patrol objective more manageable and accurate.
  • Players can now destroy any player-built station type (including Research, Energy, Constructors, and Ore Processors).
  • Single key/button mapping options added for quick save, autopilot, lock mining beam, padlock view, and cinematic view.
  • Texture image quality for nav map and 3D radar waypoint and jump point markers improved.
  • Power of throttle trim keys increased to match closely with lateral and vertical thrusters.
  • Removed docking fees for player-built stations in hostile systems (for non-building players).
  • Removed ship detonation when exiting shipyard with more fuel than tank capacity.
  • NPC/AI controlled ships fly faster for added challenge in ship-vs-ship racing.
  • Players can now use the jettison option for satellite delivery contracts.
  • Rank icons would sometimes overlap from view in player list, now fixed.
  • Players can now scuttle deployable stations while remaining in-sector.
  • Axis control for energy setting not unbinding when remapping fixed.
  • Target range list now includes offset spacing for improved legibility.
  • 'Toggling' tractor beams on other player ships in multiplayer fixed.
  • Map log entries now pause at the last character when scrolling.
  • Reduced text display mode added for text/chat messages.
  • Mod option for changing the ambient light level added.
  • Auto-centering added for force feedback devices.
  • Improved planet terrain collision detection.
  • Several minor bug fixes.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Evochron Mercenary Patched Oct 22, 2010, 03:42 Rigs

Has anyone played this one?

Well, apparently the developers did!

OH, Snap! Thank you, Good Night!

Still too busy playing X3TC 3.0,
=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo