[Oct 13, 2010, 10:05 am ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
The 2K Forums
have word on plans for the first major patch for Sid Meier's Civilization V, though there is no set plan for when this will be released yet (thanks The Patches Scrolls
). The list of planned changes follows.
- Fix for production prompt that sometimes appears with newly created puppet states that could stop the player from being able to end the turn.
- Aircraft banner corrections now when you rebase an aircraft, the number will move with it.
- Resource icons now come up with Ctrl-R again, instead of sharing the same button with Build Roads.
- Selecting a great general will no longer cause yield icons to appear.
- Added option to disable auto-unit cycling.
- Fix for full-screen game when running dual monitors. Previously, the curser could scroll off the open side, and not be able to scroll the map in that direction.
- Misc additional fixes to mouse controls, and other interface issues.
- Rounded out financial information in the Economic Overview screen. Details now provided on the amount of gold provided by each city, the cost of buildings in each city, etc.
- Auto-populate save menu with save file name
- Allow selection of other cities by hex from within the city screen
- Added detailed trade route info to Economic Overview screen
- Category list now displays correctly
- Workers - Added option to force workers to ignore manually made improvements (so they dont change what you decide was best for a plot).
- Workers - Fixed bug where number of turns to complete were incorrect in build action button tool-tip.
- Economy - Fixed bug where players could disband a single unit, and not see the economic return until disbanding 1 more.
- Economy Increased city wealth setting to 25%
- Economy Multiple fixes to the way trade-routes are tabulated and recognized.
- Economy - Can now sell Buildings in a city (to help lower maintenance for obsolete buildings later in the game).
- Trade Found and corrected a Trade problem that could cause your Resource inventory to multiply.
- City States - Fixed a bug where you could not gift aircraft to city states.
- Military - Medic promotion now only provides healing bonus for adjacent units.
- Military Fix for Minuteman movement.
- Military Correct promotions for archer-like units (horse archers, chariots).
- Military - Embarked units will no longer slow enemy land units
- Military - Improved unit cycling logic. Camera will jump around much less.
- Balance - Engineers +1 hammer
- Military Better handling of unit need (navy vs land, etc.) .
- Military - AI will tend to build ships to deal with blockaded cities more often
- Military Corrected an issue hampering movement of AI armies, especially when in close proximity to enemy forces
- Diplomacy AI will be more reluctant to offer or accept open border agreements with more powerful opponents.
- Diplomacy Fix for never ending deals (peace, research agreements, etc).
- City City specialization and city focus improvements.
- City - Cities that are Avoiding Growth will not grow while that option is selected
- Workers Priority of trading posts reduced, and rebalanced priorities on other improvements
- Workers Improved the path-finding mechanic when building route-to roads improved, including a large performance increase when evaluating road-pathing.
- Exploit Fix for gifting unit exploit
- Chat Color-coding, sound alerts, etc., added for in-game chat system, including a larger window.
- Deals Additional deal validation put in place to verify deals before they are committed
- Research treaties that end because you declare war will no longer grant the free tech
- Save/Load Fix for corrupted saves being experienced by some players in late-game.
- Map - Huge map crash-during-load fix that were reported on some specific systems.
- Map Terrain caching fix that could cause problems for certain video cards (the glowing red orbs seen on the map are an indicator of this).
- Map Fix for the low res terrain that appears the first time the game is run (terrain tiles would not load in anything but low-res the first time you play on some computer configurations)
- Strategic View Crash fix for units rendering in background.
- Strategic View Fix for selecting units either standing on a city plot, or garrisoned in the city plot.
- Eyefinity Better handling of leader scenes when using Eyefinity displays.
- Tutorials Many tutorial tweaks and adjustments.
- Multiple crash fixes.
Enter the details of the comment
you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at
the bottom of the form.
||Re: Civilization V Patch Plans
||Oct 13, 2010, 19:50
|Still haven't picked this game up because I'm worried about all of the comments regarding the AI. I started playing Galactic Civilizations II again and am still blown away by how smart the AI is and how well balanced this game is. Since Stardock hasn't released anything interesting in a while, I feel like I have to go to Paradox for any games with decent AI these days.
Copyright © 1996-2015 Stephen Heaslip. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.