Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA Bashing

In the vein of the 2004 EA Spouse incident comes a blog called EA Louse, which is ostensibly by an EA/Mythic employee disgruntled because he will be laid off next month. The blog has scathing comments, saying Mythic is dying, the project leaders on Warhammer "did not know what they were doing," Mark Jacobs was fired, that BioWare has spent more money on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ($300 million) than James Cameron spent on Avatar, that in spite of that the Star Wars MMOG is "a joke," and more. He sums up his concerns saying: "So there it is. Rewarding the incompetent. Firing the competent," and explains his anonymity saying: "I say it anonymously so I can keep my next few paychecks coming." It should be stressed again, however, that this has not been confirmed as being genuine. Thanks Computer and Video Games.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

41. Re: EA Bashing Oct 13, 2010, 13:28 bhcompy

Beamer wrote on Oct 13, 2010, 13:24:

I don't know what happened with Maxis, I assume that Will Wright left and it kind of... lost its steam. To be fair, creating the next The Sims expansion isn't rocket science. I think Maxis found itself unable to justify itself. Maybe they lost any kind of innovative push, maybe they let themselves become a Sims factory, and let's be honest, the last good game they did was SimCity 4. EA actually kept them around, as they were inches from shuttering prior to the acquisition.

Westwood lost much of its high level staff immediately at merger. People inside then mismanaged it, but it was doomed from the start for losing its most valuable employees.

And Maxis' IP was abused thoroughly with all of the Sims games that came after the merger. Sim City went away while Sim Pets Party Remix 4 came out for DS and Wii.

Westwood did lose some of its staff, but they responded by forcing the games out to make the most cash rather than finishing the projects in time as Westwood would have done. They're just lucky they didn't drive the IP into the ground

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo