Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA Gothic 4 in EU

Steam News announces the release of ArcaniA Gothic 4 for European territories, which should also now be available through other digital distributors, as it is now the 12th across the pond. The role-playing sequel from Spellbound Entertainment was previously expected on the 12th (tomorrow) in North America, as well, but last week DreamCatcher Interactive and JoWooD Entertainment announced the NA version of the game is now expected next week on October 19.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA Gothic 4 in EU Oct 12, 2010, 07:30 Mac

Jerykk wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 05:31:
The combat is far more enjoyable than Risen or Gothic 1-3, but it is definitely on the too easy side.

Eh, can't really agree with you there. To me, challenge is a huge part of combat's appeal. I loved the combat in Gothic and Risen (moreso Gothic) because it was challenging. You had to learn each enemy's attack behaviors and then you had to counter them with perfectly timed dodges, blocks and attacks. In Arcania, you just button mash until an enemy charges up their extremely slow and painfully obvious power move, at which point you roll away. Rinse and repeat for every enemy.

Based on the demo, the reviews and what you've said here, Arcania is a terrible sequel to the Gothic games as it fails to improve or even retain the most appealing elements of the series.

I agree - that is why I have set it to Gothic difficulty, rather than the default Normal. But the fighting still feels better in Gothic 4, than Risen ... just my opinion of course.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo