Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Raven Layoffs

Layoffs have come down at Raven Software, the Activision-owned developer of Singularity and Wolfenstein, reports Kotaku, attributing the report to "sources familiar with the Raven Software." They say about 40 jobs were lost, and follow this up with a confirmation from Activision, who tell them "With the recent completion of Singularity, Raven Software is realigning its workforce to better reflect the studio's upcoming slate," though the publisher declined to say how many positions were cut. Kotaku reports their sources tell them the studio has been cut to a single development team to create downloadable content, saying they had two teams until now, down from three as recently as last year. Thanks joao.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

42. Re: Raven Layoffs Oct 12, 2010, 04:49 yuastnav

Jerykk wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 23:42:
Otherwise, I don't think they did SW justice, they went stereotypically "console" with all that X-Men stuff, I thought Quake 4 was particularly generic, and I almost think of Wolfenstein and Singularity as two halves of the same competent, generic shooter.

You didn't like Jedi Outcast/Academy? Those games had great multiplayer.

No, Jedi Outcast had a great multiplayer.
Jedi Academy's multiplayer was bugged as hell. I am not even referring to glitches in the game, what I'm also also talking about is how horribly unbalanced it was.
If you weren't good with a single lightsaber and went off against someone with two or a staff you were screwed because they could spam special attacks; if you were very good with the single lightsaber you could just dodge the attacks and the fight would go on forever.
Some day most people just got tired with the two lightsabers / the staff and switched to a single.
If you're going to make it that unbalanced why even include it in the game? In a good multiplayer game every weapon should have its purposes but it seems that that's just not the case anymore.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo