Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Schaefer and Gilbert Reunite

Ron Gilbert started working last week for Double Fine Productions, reuniting Gilbert with Tim Schafer, with whom he collaborated on the first two Monkey Island games at LucasArts back in the day. Kotaku interviews the pair, who give them the runaround in proper Abbot and Costello fashion, describing Gilbert's position as "the official Ron Gilbert," which is a promotion from vice Ron Gilbert, but a stepping stone to his aspirations to someday be executive vice Ron Gilbert, and perhaps even director of Ron Gilbert. They also discuss how Double Fine has room for another project, since they are preparing to ship Costume Quest, but they play it quite coy about what Gilbert's next project will actually be. "It's an idea that I've been batting around for many, many years," Gilbert tells them. "I've been talking to Tim over the last couple of months about it and it sort of percolated back up. It's very different than DeathSpank, it's a bit of a departure from that. It's going in a very interesting direction. Fans of those old adventure games will like it." That said, he adds: "That's not saying I'm making an adventure game." Thanks Joker961.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: Schaefer and Gilbert Reunite Sep 27, 2010, 14:49 Burrito of Peace

Ebony and ivory, together in perfect harmony.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo