Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tamte Calls Out Kotick on Indies

Atomic Games president and former Bungie VP Peter Tamte calls out Bobby Kotick in a letter to the editor on Kotaku following the Activision CEO's recent comment calling Bungie "probably the last remaining high quality independent developer" (thanks joao). Tamte tells Kotick: "If this is true, you're screwed," pointing out that the indie developers that giants like Activision enjoy gobbling up are the source of many of the industry's innovations. In the end, he shifts gears, and challenges the assertion that Activision is a leader in online gaming, connecting this back to the indie theme:

You've called Activision the industry's online leader. If you think the newest Call of Duty online experience is that innovative, let players buy just the online part of Call of Duty Black Ops and charge them a fair price.

In fact, we'll make you a deal. Let consumers buy just the online part of Call of Duty, and we'll give you a starring role in our new online game, Breach. Trust me, starring in your own videogame would give you huge street cred. We've even mocked up a screenshot to show you how cool you'd look in Breach.

As an independent developer, Atomic can't spend its way to big sales, like Activision can. We have to innovate. So, if you're confident Activision can innovate without independent developers, this is your opportunity to prove it.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: Tamte Calls Out Kotick on Indies Sep 23, 2010, 19:17 Sempai

zirik wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 18:58:
Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 18:43:
zirik wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 17:50:
wonder how long til kotick retracts his comments.

Why in the world would he do that? Because someone who's clearly not as good at making money and a bunch of angry forum-goers say he's wrong?

sorry, my bad. i meant to say tamte. who was the other guy who criticized kotick then later retracted everything he said? activision is too big to ignore especially with tamte's comments. it will burn bridges and bite him in the ass one day.

Yeah..so lets kiss the giant evil corporations ass so they don't bring the wrath down upon our heads or we will never make it in the video game industry!

You sir have obviously bought into fear and not upsetting the apple cart.

Fuck Kotick and his company. Trust me, what comes around goes around, his day will come.

..And im pretty sure Tamte is shaking in his boots..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo