Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Pirates of the Burning Sea Expands - F2P Plans

The Pirates of the Burning Sea Website announces the launch of the Power & Prestige expansion for the seafaring MMORPG. Here's word on that: "This is our first full expansion and it contains a lot of changes. You can find the full release notes here. We have also created a couple of guides about Port Governance in our brand new wiki, Encyclopaedia Piratica, and we’ll be publishing new guides and content on a regular basis." They also announce that this fall the game will be going free-to-play. Here's a bit:

Second, it allows players to spend as little or as much as they like. With a subscription, there’s only one price, whether you like to log in occasionally on the weekends to do a few missions with friends, or if you’re the kind of player who calls in to work sick to make sure you’re ready for an important port battle. The more fun the game is, the better the model works, which is why we think Pirates of the Burning Sea is perfect for F2P.

Finally, in the modern MMO environment, players often rotate through several games that they’re engaged in. With a subscription, it’s a hassle to cancel and then re-subscribe as they move back and forth between games. With F2P, players can play the games they want to play right that moment without having to keep in mind what they committed to weeks or months ago. F2P is a win for the player, and it’s a win for a more diverse MMO community.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea Expands - F2P Plans Sep 16, 2010, 15:47 Flatline

Ginny wrote on Sep 16, 2010, 12:32:
Intresting.

Allways had my eyes on burning sea. Never jumped on it because of the bad vibes about the server populations and self sucifiency.

With a wider populious that the free boot will bring, could be time to go with it... from the blogs, the devs seem as committed as ever.

"Grinding" took a long time due to ship battles lasting a while intrinsically, but were stupidly fun. It's the only game I played that I didn't care about grinding, because I was enjoying the basic naval combat.

I quit though before the melee revision came out, so I never figured out if they got the swordplay revised from the pile of crap that it was.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo