The Elemental Forums
announce the release of a new patch through Impulse for Elemental: War of Magic
to update the turn-based strategy game to version 1.06, "now with 100% more hotfix." The new version addresses a "white screen" issue and fixes some memory problems along with other fixes and some balance changes. Thanks PC Gamer
, where they follow-up on their complaints
saying "the game is finally stable." The patch notes follow.
* Gameplay / Balance *
- Cost of weapons increased in terms of gold and materials
- Monster leveling tops out earlier so that there arenít crazy powerful monsters late game
- Training time increased for the more sophisticated weapons
- AI will focus more on training soldiers rather than building up their cities if under threat
- General AI improvements
- AI smarter about training units in cities based on their current resource situation
- AI more effective at determining who to go to war with
- By default, the AI opponents added in the Choose Opponents window get difficulty set based on the World Difficulty
- Campaign: Markinn now gives tactical HASTE spell instead of strategic SUMMON ROCK GIANT spell
- Campaign: city leveup bonuses for TECH KNOWLEDGE and ARCANE KNOWLEDGE now suppressed in campaign
- AI sov's are now using an HP adjustment multiplier based on AI difficulty settings
* Battles *
- Hooked up the projectile follow camera code to obey the Auto-Move Camera in Tactical option.
- Adding message boxes to explain why spell casting fails.
- Fix to repick targets in autoresolve when a counterattack kills the attacker.
- Fix to make targeting picking more intelligent (to be sure it doesn't pick invalid targets).
- Auto selection of the next unit in tactical battles should no longer occur if the game option for not auto selecting is turned on.
- Tactical action cost modifiers for everything except for movement (which can have buffs) should now be 1.
- The tactical action cost of special abilities is now 2.
- All tactical actions use up to their cost, except for spells which require at least 2 action points.
- When a tactical battle closes it now sets the cursor to be an arrow.
* UI *
- Fixed Map Notifiers only placed for resources your faction can eventually tap (ex. wonít tell kingdoms about wargs)
- Trade Equipment Wnd tweaks so that summoned creatures show up in the scene views better.
- Hooked up new entries for the actions list, vitals list, and other basic image entries in main game wnd contexts to act more like buttons (highlight and have a click down state) to indicate that they are clickable
* Bug Fixes *
- Fixed the infamous "white screen" in tactical battles that occurred on a very specific hardware/driver/OS configuration.
- Fixed a problem that would cause the particle effects to disappear after alt-tabbing out of the game when running in full-screen.
- Fixed a DirectX warning in Tile Highlight Graphic
- fixed uninitalized UNIT pointer in AIMessageBox (caused a debugger crash, probably fixes random crashes users have witnessed)
- Fixed bug where linked pioneer improvements were getting the multiplier bonuses from their linked cities twice
- Changed around the values grabbed for some resource breakdowns so that they match getting rid of this double bonus
- You can no longer build pioneer improvements on resources outside of your ZOC, even if they are adjacent to a city, to prevent them from getting destroyed if they can't get absorbed in time
- Adjacent pioneer improvements to cities now get absorbed into the city the very next turn, instead of 2 turns after they became adjacent
- Fixed bug where custom empire factions designed in the faction designer wouldn't have a valid tech tree
- Custom factions now get the appropriate wall set, and change their name to "Kingdom of" or "Empire of" appropriately
- Fixed a bug in the faction designer that caused the race spinner to not match the actual race being displayed
- Shortened the text in the caravan info cards to make it less likely that text entries will overflow to the next line down, and got rid of some old text that doesn't mean anything to how caravans work anymore, and got rid of some hardcoded strings, and moved the hardcoded quote to the different caravan/trader unit types
- CMapGenerator no longer generates race starting position for tactical battles, since they arenít used in that mode and were causing debug messages to flood output as the random land tile buffer isnít getting filled after the first tactical battle map is created.
- Campaign: Fixed oddity where reloading a save would reblock the pass between New pariden and Gilden.