Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE Dated

The Bethesda Blog has a release date for RAGE, saying id's first-person shooting and racing game is due thirteen months from today on September 13 in the US and three days later in Europe:

The id guys were just on stage demonstrating RAGE on three platforms at once. Near the end, they announced a somewhat important detail: RAGE is now headed for store shelves on September 13, 2011 in the US and September 16 in Europe.

We’re still in the thick of QuakeCon, but we’ll be back later to put up brand new screenshots.

Update: We were a good year off in this story at first, apologies for the ridiculous error.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

26. Re: RAGE Dated Aug 14, 2010, 07:28 Shadowcat

Even with a correction, that's a curiously specific release date for something more than a year away.

Yeah, that's pretty weird. Personally I'm hoping that they're almost done with it now, and are giving themselves a huge amount of time for pre-release polish. I doubt this is actually the case, though.

Maybe they want to let the competition know to stay the hell away from their big release date, and are trying to ensure that no one else will have already booked conflicting advertising and shelf space.

I guess the new company beat the "when its done" right the hell out of the id team.
I'm just amazed there's a date. I always liked "when it's done". Almost always used to get a solid product when the developers could decide when to release.

Ditto to both of those comments. Just goes to show that no matter how much both sides rave about how wonderful it is for everyone, there's invariably a real down-side when an independent company is bought out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo