Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Over the weekend I was messing around with Facebook, as it struck me it probably wouldn't be too hard to get a rudimentary page for this site going there, something that has been requested in the past. Sure enough it was trivial to get an RSS feed going, which can allow you to get our headlines through Facebook, if you so choose. Here's the Blue's News FaceBook page for you to like, ignore, or mock as you see fit. Feel free to make suggestions on how to make that a more worthwhile experience.

R.I.P.: Major League Star James Gammon Dies at 70.

Social Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Zombies Took My Daughter.
Links: Crap at my parents house. Thanks Neatorama.
Stories: Biker Found Shot, Dead After Collision With Deer. Like a brain-teaser. Thanks Digg.
Police: Men shot each other to test pain. May be the only test they ever passed.
Armajaro Cocoa Investments Driving Up Already-Rising Chocolate Prices.
Science: Top 5 Suspected Everyday Carcinogens in American Cancer Society's Scary New Report.
Sea Level Rise Swamps Islands.
Vaccine patch may replace needles.
Atareality 6. "Images inspired by video games."
Media: Animated Minimalist Movie Posters.
iPhone 4: The Dark Side of the Force.
A Tour of Teller's House.
The Funnies: xkcd: 1996.
Follow-up: Anti-aircraft laser unveiled at Farnborough Airshow.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Biker Found Shot, Dead After Collision With Deer. Jul 19, 2010, 14:53 kanniballl

Weird story. Gotta feel back for the family.

I wonder what happened, but I doubt it'll ever make the news.

I could see that branching out to a Darwin award. Like he tried to shoot a deer/tree/object while riding but crashing into a deer and accidentally shot himself in the head mid-crash.

Or a hunter shot what he thought was a resting deer, walked closer to find it was a bike accident and that he shot the biker in the head. He tossed the gun and panicked,.

Or it was a murder (shooting him in the head mid-drive) and he just happened to crash into a deer after shot. The murderer is probably scratching his head over that one and left the gun behind in shock.

Or a murderer somehow set it up so a head-shot corpse was on a moving bike going like 10MpH was hoping to drive it into a lake or make it look like a decapitation-accident and a deer walked in front of him.

Really... weird.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo