Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Command & Conquer Sale

It's day three of EA week on Steam, where they are offering savings on all Command & Conquer games, which range from 33% to 75% off the regular prices for every game in the real-time strategy series.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: Command & Conquer Sale Jun 17, 2010, 04:46 Evil Timmy

Assuming last year's Christmas sale gets carried onto this year (which is a safe assumption, seeing as they managed to cripple their normally resilient servers with the sheer number of downloads), I think I'll just pick these, and another few dozen games up then.

Besides, I'm waiting for another RTS (other than the Rise of Nations series) to have the basic AI and grouping required to have a mass of units actually move together, rather than every unit proceeding at their own speed and having the light units massacred if not micromanaged. It's spoiled me on every other RTS out there, even the venerable Starcraft, and is one of those ideas that seems ridiculously obvious once out there. The fact that nobody's picked it up yet after seven years just shows how shamefully formulaic the RTS genre remains, and why nothing from the genre will get my wallet's vote, at least until I can pick them up for pocket change.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo