Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

It Came from E3 2010, Part 5

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

24. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 5 Jun 16, 2010, 18:45 Golwar

The only really good surpise at the E3 is the 3DS. Not sure if I'll get one, but at least they are the only ones who managed catch my attention.

Tumbler wrote on Jun 16, 2010, 12:55:
As well, PlayStation Plus was also announced. This is an optional subscription model for the PSN that costs $49.99 USD for one year and grants you access to things like discounts on PlayStation Store content, free and exclusive access to select games and full game trials.

I don't think Sony "gets it". You can't just copy everything MS has done with Live and say, "Me too!". You could make the same argument for the whole motion control stuff. You can't just copy what nintendo did, using a controller in almost the exact same way as the wii, and say "me too".

I have cranked up my PS3 for playing movies and PS3 exclusive games...and that is about it. Their online functionality is pathetic. It's god awful in fact. They'll have big "events" going on and you'd never know it half the time unless you go drill down to where you need to be. On the 360 you can pull up game demo's and they'll give you a list of the newest ones, the most popular ones, or just a complete list. On the PS3 you can tell it PS3 demos and then it gives you a list in alphabetical order of the most recent demos. No sorting by newest, no most popular just some stupid list of shit you aren't there to see. And the icons don't communicate what the game is well at all. With the xbox you see a huge picture of the box art, there is NO QUESTION about what game you're looking at, it's huge, in your face, and obvious. On the ps3 you have these stupid little icons that you have to guess on, half the crap I can't even tell what it is. I click on it, is this what I want? Nope, back out, next, is this what I want? nope, back out, etc. And then if you don't click on ps3 demo's specifically it just mashes all kinds of shit together like you are some rabid sony fan who wants to know about PSP games, PS3 games, PSN games, movies, all under on category. I don't give a shit about anything other than PS3, why the fuck are you showing me psp games?!

Sony doesn't fucking get it. And they want to charge $50? You're moron's sony. You were out to fucking lunch when you launched that system and you are still there. It's unbelievable that their interface hasn't been totally overhauled and made 1000 times more useful than it is now.

Partly true, partly false. Using the Square buttons would help you with your "stupid little icon" issue. But besides that, they really could improve a lot and they could achieve it easily. So we must assume that someone responsible is dumb as bread.

Besides that I like what I heard about PSN+. Would I live in the US, there would be little doubts about getting it. But alas, I'm german. And if you thougt that the people at Sony America are already dumb ... well, you would be surprised. The usability of the store is even far worse than in the US. The reason might be that the store is so empty in Germany (besides tons of pure crap), that probably everyone is happy and thankful that a perfect overview over this mess is missing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo