Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

MrsBlue and I attended a local craft show over the weekend, and enjoyed a pleasant enough time (which for me means we didn't linger long enough to expend the limited patience I have for such things). Of most interest was the guy selling homemade salsa, as he had one variety marked "XXX stupid hot," which of course drew us in like a magnet. It was indeed the hottest salsa I can recall trying, and proof of that was MrsBlue taking a full scoop of it on a chip (I was a little more prudent), and actually giving herself the hiccups, something I've seen happen to others (including myself), but never my wife, who has the greatest tolerance for spicy food of anyone I know. We each got stickers proclaiming our bravery, and the proprietor confessed that the XXX salsa actually had pure capsaicin as an ingredient, which sort of seems like cheating, but what can you do? We ended up picking a variety two notches cooler (on a scale of like 25, so it was not exactly mild) made with pineapple and habanero peppers, and the funny thing about that is sampling that one helped cool off my mouth after the first one.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Omega Crisis.
Links: How Apple sells their products. Thanks Digg.
A Bourbon Picking Guide for Derby Day, and Every Day. I'm a Scotch man, myself.
Stories: Times Square Car Bomb Suspect On Video- Police Search For Suspicious Man.
United, Continental Agree to Merge. Contited.
A Collection of Alternative Superman Costumes.
Media: Angry Video Game Nerd: Action 52. NSFW.
Conan Breaks Silence on "Tonight Show".
Follow-up: Fears for crops as shock figures from America show scale of bee catastrophe.
Gulf Oil Spill: At Least Another Week For 'Underground Volcano Of Oil'.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2010, 21:47 shul

ehh blue, if you suffer from reflux and stuff, spicy food is really not for you  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo