Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft DRM Cracked?

Ubisoft's "always on" DRM has been defeated, according to a report on CNET, where they say a playable cracked version of Assassin's Creed II is now in the wild. All new Ubisoft PC games, including AC2, include internet-based validation that has caused problems playing games, but has been described by the publisher as "vital" to its business. It seems a little unusual for a mainstream site like CNET to post updates on pirated software, though Ubisoft's public denial of the previous report that their DRM was cracked has arguably set a precedent for this as a news topic. Thanks Joao.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 22, 2010, 09:37 WyldKat

Please Ubi, just remove this mess and I will be completely happy to purchase Settlers 7. It's too good of a game to suffer because of your inane DRM. I feel bad for the developers and all the others who worked hard on these games that will suffer because of lost sales due to draconian DRM. Starforce failed because gamers didn't want it, so will this!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo