Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty 7 Details?

Reports are surfacing with purported details on the upcoming seventh installment in Activision's Call of Duty series of military first-person shooters, long rumored to be set in Vietnam. The game will reportedly be set between World War II and the present day and will carry the title Call of Duty: Black Ops, with some missions played from the side of Britain's SAS. Metro.co.uk (thanks Joker961) has a story about this saying: "The Treyarch-developed shooter is rumoured to take gamers across the planet, including missions set in Cuba and South America, according to Call of Duty website experts Tek9, who have talked to 'undisclosed sources at Activision'," though we can't actually find this on TEK9, and Computer and Video Games has a similar report attributed to "undisclosed sources at Activision" via mapmodnews.com, which is down at the moment. Computer and Video Games also says these reports indicate the game is to have dedicated server support, which was absent from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, much to the unhappiness of PC gamers.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Call of Duty 7 Details? Mar 29, 2010, 18:42 ^Drag0n^

Tumbler wrote on Mar 29, 2010, 12:57:
Or perhaps when they realized Activision was not going to honor the terms of their contract they started looking for other solutions.
Regardless of where anyone stands in terms of the IW vs. Activision debate, one fact remains: Activision *owns* IW. So if West and Zapp started promising to deliver product to another publisher, Activision was most likely within their rights to pull the plug on them.

It's the age old adage of business: Two wrongs don't make a right; they usually just get you fired. (The corollary is so will two rights ).

That said, I'm looking forward to the Treyarch title--it's just cool to see good people doing good work. I'm very happy that Treyarch isn't following down the road of clipping dedicated servers and mod tools. I'm guessing allot of that has to do with the fact that many of the people there came from the same ranks as many of us: up through the mod community. A few of the old timers here probably remember Ridah, and best I can tell, he's still there.

Re: MoH:MC: I'm probably a little more cautious than most as it's a "Two Studio" game, only this time SP and MP are using different engines.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo