Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed

Eidos has taken the wraps off Deus Ex: Human Revolution at GDC, unveiling the next installment in the action/RPG series as a prequel in development at Eidos Montreal, and confirming the "Human Revolution" subtitle noticed earlier this year. A CGI trailer from the game is available on the Deus Ex Website along with some screenshots. There's an article on the game on Gamasutra where art director Jonathan Jacques-Belletete discusses the "credible" but not "super photorealistic" feel of the game's graphics and there's an interview on IGN speaking with game director Jean-Francois Dugas who explains the reasons this will be a prequel, confirms there will be no multiplayer support, and answers some questions about what's seen in the trailer. Word is: "The writers and development team have been working closely with the lead writer of the first two games, Sheldon Pacotti, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution segues nicely into the start of the first game, meeting some familiar characters along the way…" They say to expect more details at E3. The embedded version of the trailer follows.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

52. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed Mar 13, 2010, 23:50 swaaye

I only played a little of DX back in the day, but did play it a lot more last year finally. Yeah that game is overrated. It's certainly decent gaming and great for the day, but some of you guys need to play that game again and refresh your memories.

It is loaded with cheesy and corny dialog and somewhat quirky gameplay due to its RPG/FPS nature. The biggest issue is probably the story/storytelling because it frankly is pretty shallow predictable stuff. I laughed out loud a few times I got forced through a "deep" sociopolitical NPC conversation. That stuff might hit a teenager hard, but that's about it. Oh and the "AI" is mostly lacking the "I" lol.

The atmosphere of the game is great though and the old school Unreal Engine and Straylight Productions soundtrack will stir the soul of anybody who was gaming back then.

The best things these guys could do if they want to make a quality sequel is to keep the maps huge and let the player have a lot of options in how to proceed. That's what DX did fairly well sometimes. I'd also like another futuristic electronic soundtrack if possible plz.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2010, 23:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo