Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Derek Smart & Quest Online

The Quest Online About Page now lists 3000AD owner Derek Smart as their President, as Massively reports that David Allen has parted ways with the Alganon developer. Also, word on that page is: "Alganon is scheduled for Official Release the week of April 8th, 2010," to follow the game's "soft launch" in December. David Allen's departure is not explained, nor is Derek Smart's role with the game, though 3000AD announced Galactic Command Online, their own MMOG, late last year. Alganon was recently revealed to be subscription free.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

28. Re: Derek Smart & Quest Online Mar 11, 2010, 14:57 Pankin

Blue wrote on Mar 11, 2010, 13:53:
In the case of Derek? No, it was truly a waste of time even sorting through his drivel.

That's not even remotely fair... he made some very interesting and informative posts along the way, and while it is true his volatile side showed through on more than one occasion, he generally clearly tried to avoid the *Derek Smart* *Derek Smart* *Derek Smart* bullshit that followed every mention of his name.

Blue: you reap what you sow. It's exactly that simple.

And I'm aware of (and factoring in) the occasional insightful posts authored by Derek that you're referencing: especially where game financing/economics are involved.

Not to mention his reputation completely precedes him, doesn't it? It's kinda like that old bridge builder joke. You can build a thousand bridges but if you suck one cock, they don't call you a bridge builder but a cocksucker. In Derek's case, perform a swap of bridges and cocks and you've got a fair representation of his useful/asinine post ratio.

Plus, that Quest Online page features Derek's phony PH.D bullshit and I'm sorry but that bothers me too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo