Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again

Ubisoft tweets that their DRM servers are experiencing another denial of service attack, and users are having trouble playing, as was the case over the weekend. Word is: "Our servers are under attack again. Some gamers are experiencing trouble signing in. We're working on it and will keep you posted."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

47. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again Mar 9, 2010, 01:29 raVen

I've Got The News Blues wrote on Mar 8, 2010, 21:14:
Steam's DRM would be horrendous to more customers if it wasn't so easily cracked or if the fanboys weren't so blinded by love that they overlook its failures.
Yet, Steam is one platform where you can choose to (or in your case choose to not) purchase the game on. No matter how you buy ACII on PC you are stuck with broken DRM that you paid for and can't even play the game.*

I happen to be okay with Steam's DRM. In fact I find it very convenient. Please, air your grievances. Apparently you think I'm short-sighted and can't see what is wrong with it. Maybe you'll open my eyes.

Conveniences:
  • No more damn patches. I'm always up to date.

• One login for many games.

• I don't even have to be online after installing. (Offline Mode)

• Friends lists, server lists, tons of other social stuff and free.

• Problems:
  • Heavy use - Launch titles HL2 basically took Steam down for days. I haven't seen anything as bad since, they have learned some good lessons.

• I have to log in to be able to go into offline mode. I haven't tried to do this since near launch of Steam

• * - This could be growing pains of their broken DRM as I stated Steam already went through. But that's not my problem to be honest. It's Ubisoft's.

Please, add your problems to the list, I'd like to hear what I'm apparently not seeing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
    Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
    If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
    If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
    Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
    • i[italic text]i
    • u[underline text]u
    • -[strikethrough text]-
    • c[code text]c
    • +[bullet point]+
    • q[quote text (indented)]q
    • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
    • [url=Link]text[/url]
    • r{red text}r
    • g{green text}g
    • b{blue text}b
    • m{maroon text}m
    • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
    2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
    3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
    4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo