Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Speedier BC2 Server Browsing

The Electronic Arts UK Forums offer tips on speeding up server browsing for Battlefield: Bad Company 2, DICE's military shooter sequel (thanks Voodoo Extreme). The post follows.

To help speed up your server browsing these tips can help you get results quicker.

• Use Favourites/History when possible

If you use the server browser then

Use the server browser
When it starts to search click CANCEL

Select the options:

• Ranked
  • Not Full
  • Not Empty
  • No Password
  • Leave Punkbuster checked
  • Hit Refresh

You can use your friends list in game to connect on them without accessing the server browser.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

13. Re: Speedier BC2 Server Browsing Mar 6, 2010, 11:47 Tom

Haven't needed the server browser once so far. Usually I join on a friend, otherwise I use the Play Now button - which works fine. Occasionally it'll put me on an undesirable server, in which case I disconnect and try again. Never takes more than 2 or 3 attempts and it loads really fast.

So yeah, it'd be nice if they'd make the server browser usable, but the game doesn't NEED it so I can see why it's been low priority.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo