Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard Working on Multiple Diablo Sequels?

There's another interesting tidbit in Activision Blizzard's annual 10K filing that mentions Blizzard is working on "sequels" to the Diablo franchise. Diablo III is the only Diablo sequel that's been announced, so it's not clear if this means another Diablo game is in the works, if this refers to Diablo III DLC, or if they plan to release Diablo III in installments as they plan to with StarCraft II (it also could just be a typo, but those are pretty rare in financial reports). Here's what it says: "Blizzard is currently developing new games, including a new expansion pack to the World of Warcraft franchise, Cataclysm, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, which will be released with the new and improved Battle.net, and sequels to the Diablo franchise." IncGamers contacted Blizzard with an inquiry about this, and were told: "We appreciate the interest, but we don't have any new announcements to make. For the Diablo franchise, our full focus is on Diablo III."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: Blizzard Working on Multiple Diablo Sequels? Mar 3, 2010, 14:33 Flatline

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 03:15:
First off, Blizzard has said the next MMO they are doing is on an entirely NEW IP.

So their first new IP since 98 when Starcraft was released (which was a rip off of warhammer 40k anyway).

We'll see if they still have it. A lot of the old Blizzard dev crew has since moved on.

Seeing Blizzard's track record of shamelessly ripping off Games Workshop IP, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the MMO being developed was a rip of Blood Bowl or something similar.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo