Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metro 2033 Specs

THQ's Metro 2033 Page now offers system specifications for the upcoming post-apocalyptic shooter, offering three sets of specs: minimum, recommended, and optimal, as well as a set of specs to support NVIDIA's 3D Vision. They also say: "We also recommend the biggest and best monitor you can afford, and a home cinema kit or surround sound headphones!" CPU specs range from any Core 2 Duo or better to a Core i7 and video card specs go from DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 compliant graphics cards to a DirectX 11 compliant graphics card. On a related note, there's a Metro 2033 interview on Eurogamer focusing on technical aspects of the game and its engine and there's also an interview on VG247 that concentrates more on gameplay. The full specs follow.

Minimum:
     • Dual core CPU (any Core 2 Duo or better will do)
     • DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 compliant graphics cards (GeForce 8800, GeForce GT220 and above)
     • 1GB RAM

Recommended:
     • Any Quad Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual Core CPU
     • DirectX 10 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 260 and above)
     • 2GB RAM

Optimum:
     • Core i7 CPU
     • NVIDIA DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and 470)
     • As much RAM as possible (8GB+)
     • Fast HDD or SSD

Enabling 3D Vision
     • Metro 2033 utilizes NVIDIA 3D Vision with compatible cards and hardware. To play in 3D you will require:
     • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 and above recommended
     • A 120Hz (or above) monitor
     • NVIDIA 3D Vision kit
     • Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Metro 2033 Specs Feb 25, 2010, 14:47 swaaye

I'm gonna drop a guess here and say that I think NVIDIA is going to put in a lot of proprietary bullshit like with Batman.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo