Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K

Planet Calypso announces a virtual egg fetched over $69,000 at auction in Planet Calypso, the latest mind-boggling auction in their virtual world, which is apparently populated by oil sheiks who play on wireless connections from their private jets (with adolescent senses of humor, as the exact price was $69,696.00 USD). They say: "Jon 'NEVERDIE' Jacobs held a public auction Sunday, inside Planet Calypso, and sold the Virtual Egg to David Storey aka Deathifier. Deathifier owns 'Treasure Island' in the game, a tax generating Virtual World Destination. NEVERDIE purchased the Virtual Egg for $10,000 USD in 2006 from a gamer who completed a unique quest. The Final Chapter in the Egg's History has yet to be written as thousands of players speculate what will actually hatch from the [sic] it and if it will be worth the extraordinary price tag."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Virtual Egg Hatches Almost $70K Feb 5, 2010, 13:23 JoeNapalm

$70 large?

Are you kidding?

Do you have any idea how many games I could get with that?

(Not to mention the rig I could build!)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo