Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

AvP Demo Released Early

Steam now offers the Aliens vs. Predator multiplayer demo, a day earlier than announced, perhaps because of some Steam downtime scheduled for tomorrow. On a related note, here's a new "Infestation Mode" Trailer from the game that shows off the multiplayer mode that results when you leave food laying around. Here's the embedded clip.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

46. Re: AvP Demo Released Early Feb 4, 2010, 14:38 Eldaron Imotholin

FINALLY managed to enter a match.

Aliens have too much HP although they don't move too fast per se.

Furthermore those who say that Marines are underpowered... I hate to break it to you.. but you suck. Marines aren't underpowered once you get the hang of it. Just don't hang out in the open, hug the walls and the melees wont be able to surprise you... often.

The only thing that can give the other classes an edge is the fact that Marines get stunned when they get a hit. This way they can't fire, move, whatever. They just get a knock-back every time until they die. Now THAT sucks.

The game also has an auto-lock on the melee-attacks which gives melee too much of an adventage. Once you're close enough to an enemy and start a melee attack, you'll hit him even if the enemy teleports to the other side of the map (if that was possible) before your hit fell. THIS, too, sucks.

Other than that.. well, I hate Multiplayer like this anyway but it's quite obvious that this game has a very good chance of being a great Singleplayer game!

I'm sure at this point there's some way to rip their head and spinal column from the body, but I was unable to figure it out.

The "E" Grab executes are random but I think your chance to rip their head+spines out is to Grab them from behind.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2010, 14:43.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo