Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

BC2 LE Preorders, "Non-Transferrable" Multiplayer Requires EA.com

Amazon, Direct2Drive, GameStop, and Steam (and presumably other e-tailers and retailers) are now offering pre-purchases of a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition, which offers the six perks in the military shooter sequel announced last October. These are an Up-armor package mounted on all vehicle types, additional weapon packages for the driver of all armored vehicles, a Vehicle Motion Sensor, a Tracer Dart Pistol, an M1A1 Sub-machine Gun, and the M1911 Pistol. A FAQ released following the announcement of the LE explained that these perks are early access to multiplayer upgrades, which must be unlocked by owners of the vanilla edition. The two editions are the same price, so this is meant as a pre-purchase incentive. There is also an "online disclaimer" on the Steam page for the LE with two notes we haven't seen before, saying online play will require an account with ea.com, and that online access to the game is "non transferrable." Here's word, apologies for the shouting:

ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES AND/OR SERVICES REQUIRES AN EA ACCOUNT AND REGISTRATION WITH THE ENCLOSED SERIAL CODE. REGISTRATION FOR ONLINE FEATURES IS LIMITED TO ONE EA ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE. EA ONLINE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER FOR AN EA ACCOUNT. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

41. Re: BC2 LE Preorders, Jan 25, 2010, 06:57 RocketChef

I can live with this fact very good. I would not buy a pre-owned game with a serial protection either... you never can tell if the previous owner wrote it down somewhere so I'll be always on the safe side if I buy it new.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo