Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock 2 DRM: 5 Install Limit

The BioShock 2 on Steam Page has been edited since this morning's news on the game's DRM. Earlier today the 3rd-party DRM section listed a 15 machine activation limit, generating many comments on how this was hard to complain about, but this has now been changed to show a "5 machine activation limit," which will likely not be as acceptable to some. Thanks nin.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: BioShock 2 DRM: 5 Install Limit Jan 20, 2010, 21:16 SirKnight

Caveman wrote on Jan 20, 2010, 20:05:
Jeez, that's alot of god damn DRM, good thing I'm getting this on Xbox 360.

That's exactly what they want. They know that DRM and all this crap is worthless and people hate it. They're not that dumb. But, they keep on and on with this until they kill off PC gaming by converting everyone over to the console. The piracy problem will not be solved, but it sure will be a lot less since it is harder to do on the console than the PC. Especially when it comes to multiplayer.

While I have all the consoles and a good number of games, I'm still a PC gamer and always will be. I hate what the current consoles and the corporate greed has done to the gaming industry, especially the PC side. It also does not help that gaming has become all mainstream. I hate that as well. Games used to be so deep and involved which was great. They came with huge instruction manuals. Now, they're lame kiddie hold-my-hand worthless crap that blinds so many in thinking it's a good game by using Hollywood style cinematics and flashy stuff when really it's shallow and forgettable. Very few modern games are not like that. Very few.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo