Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced

Codemasters announces new Overwatch DLC for Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, saying this new content is now available for the Xbox 360 edition of the military first-person shooter. The Windows and PlayStation 3 editions are on the way, with the PC version planned as a free download. Here are three screenshots, here's a new gameplay trailer, and here's a bit from the announcement outlining what's new:

The ‘Overwatch’ DLC extends the unique Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising experience in solo, co-operative and adversarial play. In new multiplayer mode Blindside the PLA must complete objectives in the shortest time possible while the USMC defends in tense, tactical engagements. An additional new mode, Supremacy, tasks opposing forces to occupy strategically vital positions featuring force multipliers like gun emplacements and air strikes.

These new multiplayer modes are complimented by two exhilarating new FTEs. In Friendly Skies, PLA anti-aircraft artillery prevents US airborne reinforcements inserting into the combat zone. Players must remove that threat and then defend the position from a PLA counter attack. In Hostile Takeover, intel reveals enemy movement in the village of Armudan, a perfect base for launching attacks deep into enemy territory. Gamers must flush out the PLA, establish a perimeter and hold their ground against a new enemy assault.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Overwatch Announced Dec 21, 2009, 14:27 SirKnight

Probably spent too much development time creating the streaming island technology, especially getting it to work on consoles. The game content felt rushed to get it out the door.

The problem is that the island is really boring with no variety in scenery.

Exactly. The game does indeed feel like it was rushed and is no where near complete. To me the game feels more like a beta if anything.

I find DR's game world to be more bland and boring than Far Cry 2, which has a pretty empty environment itself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo