Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Pandemic Closure: Blame California

Kotaku has a chat with EA CEO John Riccitiello that focuses on the recent closure of Pandemic's offices. John explains that the high costs of operating in California was a major factor in the decision to close their offices and transfer what remained of their staff to EALA, which is less than ten miles from Pandemic's studios. They ask if poorly reviewed games factored into this but John says the location was the main problem. When they ask why these considerations didn't prevent EA from acquiring Pandemic, he explains: "The shift toward fewer titles and the acceleration towards digital is moving faster [than expected]."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

29. Re: Pandemic Closure: Blame California Dec 5, 2009, 17:26 Flatline

Here is a picture I took at the last "Illegals" rally for more free Government handouts in California.....

He was chanting "We need more Government assistance to help our 6 children!"

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5003/manzp.jpg

Gah... I hate to say this... But government aid to "undocumented" immigrants is equivalent to something like 25% of the 20 billion or so that this state's deficit will be over the next five years or whatever the number was. Ah-nuld called that number "insignificant".

We spend a FORTUNE on education (Something absurd like 40% of the state's budget goes to education) and yet our schools suck ass.

I'm a native of CA, and usually a pretty staunch liberal, but even I have my limits. Common sense has to take precedence, and CA is bullshiat right now. Ah-nuld is a dickhead too and just as responsible for this as anyone in the state congress.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo