Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Hellgate: Tokyo

IncGamers has a trailer for Hellgate: Tokyo, act one of Hellgate: Resurrection, the revived version of Hellgate: London that's only for Asian markets, along with a release schedule for its rollout in March of next year. Though this is for Asia only, Hanbitsoft just announced plans to bring Mythos to North America, so perhaps they can work out their differences with Namco Bandai (who own the US and European rights to Hellgate: London) and bring the game back to the west.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Hellgate: Tokyo Dec 4, 2009, 09:29 Undocumented Alien

With a little more polish and with some smarter business decisions (and less greed) this would have been one hell of a Multiplayer Hack&Slash game as well as a great success.

I had fun with my first play though as a Marksman, was an interesting experience to play an FPS in a Diablo type ARPG environment.

It was sad that Roper thought he could fool the masses into thinking that people should pay a monthly subscription to play Diablo when you had "free" matching services like B.Net and Guild Wars that were already superior services. Roper REALLY thought that HG:L was an MMO, if it was, then it was the worst MMO ever. On top of charging a monthly subscription for a Diablo game, they also had to force Adverts on the players, it was just an UNBELIEVABLE amount of greed.

If I were in charge... I would have gone the traditional ARGP route; SP, MP LAN COOP, and then an online matching service (if they were actually needed I would use ads there and NOT IN THE GAME, much like B.NET to cover costs). With greed coding out of the way I would have made the world environments more dynamic, meaning, Stonehenge and Abyss would have been part of the initial release and integrated into the story (Act 1 as is, Act 2 as is, Act 3 Stonehenge, Act IV as is, Act V Abyss and final boss). From there I would have released DLC Acts and an expansion for another city (i.e. Toyko).

But, when you have your eyes on expensive Sushi you go for the complete greed package (and fail).

Flagship got what it deserved.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo