Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard on Release Dates

Blizzard: ‘Who Knows’ When Diablo III Will Ship? on Techland has a bit from Rob Pardo on recent indications that Diablo III is a ways off. "We always announce all of our games too early," says the Blizzard executive video president, who admits this clarity has not helped them remedy the situation: "We realize that and go, ‘You know what? Next time we’re not going to do that.’ And then we always fail at that. But I’d rather fail at that than fail at making the game great. I think it’s safe to say that, yeah, (Diablo III) is not going to be out next year."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

40. Re: Blizzard on Release Dates Nov 25, 2009, 00:21 Yifes

My apologies for that misquote. It was unintentional. Way to flip out on that one, saying i'm deliberately misrepresenting you and what not. You should read the stuff you write: "Fine. I'm arrogant because I believe good management is superior to bad management." Nice summary of what I wrote. You're arrogant and a hypocrite.

I have edited my post to reflect the changes:

" Good project management is often crucial for the fiscal viability of the project and the company overall. Because Blizzard can basically print money, they are afforded the luxury of basically not having any project management to speak of."

The point is still the same: Blizzard has put out 11 great products up to and including vanilla WOW, before WOW started making money. Are you saying they all got away with shitty management for all 11 projects, because Blizz was "printing money" since 1994?

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2009, 01:19.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo