Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Digital Dragon Age Woes

Ars Technica collects a number of forum posts indicating that customers who bought their copies of Dragon Age: Origins via digital distribution from Steam or Impulse are having difficulties getting the DLC included with their purchase. They outline problems downloading the DLC as accounts on both EA.com and the beta BioWare Social Network are required, saying some users have not been able to get this process to work. They also report the process is even trickier for Impulse customers, as Impulse does not automatically install the required update service, and addressing this requires jumping though some hoops, and even worse, some copies of the game bought through Impulse won't authenticate after getting the DLC. They summarize this saying: "The main issue is that EA and Bioware used the launch as an excuse to force consumers to create accounts on their sites, and the process of linking Bioware and EA accounts seems either too complicated or completely broken for many users. Why not allow you to download the content directly from the in-game menu? Maybe they want your information. Maybe this is another way they feel they're stopping piracy." The story has been updated since it was first posted with a statement from Stardock about Impulse problems:

While we are aware of the folks having issues with the DLC, we are also experiencing thousands of people playing the game with no hiccups on Impulse. For those few who are indeed experiencing issues with authentication due to EA's process, we are working now on a fix and expect this problem to be remedied very shortly.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

37. Re: Digital Dragon Age Woes Nov 5, 2009, 00:58 The Half Elf

I went with Steam and had no problems getting the DLC except the fact the server was bottlenecked as badly as WoW servers on launch day.

My biggest complaint is the Warden's Keep DLC. If you don't do everything in it the first time, there is no way to get back inside the main keep building.

Oh Derek... bad form man.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo