Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow

Codemasters announces new Skirmish DLC will be released tomorrow for Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising along with a patch for the military first-person shooter. The console versions will be patched as well as the Windows edition (here is the PC Patch Full Fix List - thanks Shok), and the DLC will be free for Windows users, but will cost 400 Microsoft points for Xbox 360 and £3.19/$3.99/€3.99 for the PS3. The announcement is accompanied by a batch of Skirmish screenshots and there's a new Skirmish trailer on the Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Website. Here's a bit on the new content:

The ‘Skirmish’ video, available from www.flashpointgame.com, demonstrates the breadth of exhilarating new content. Players are shown going head to head in attack helicopters, deploying tanks and APCs and engaging in ranged and close quarters combat in the wide ranging new maps and missions featured in the downloadable content.

The ‘Skirmish’ DLC features four new multiplayer maps and two new Fire Team Engagement (FTE) missions featuring both solo and four player co-operative play. Hunt down SAM launchers hidden in the sprawling complex of ‘Lumberyard’ and assault dug in PLA forces and fight room to room in ‘White Fang’, two tense new ‘Infiltration’ multiplayer maps. ‘Annihilation’ multiplayer maps pitch armour and infantry against each other in rolling battles across a valley in ‘Stomping Grounds’ and in ‘Force Dispersal’ military bases separated by a strategic hill become a close-quarters killing ground.

New FTE missions include ‘All Round Defence’, which places gamers in control of air support and attack helicopters as they defend a fortified complex against relentless waves of PLA. In ‘Uphill Struggle’ players must capture a bunker under heavy fire from hillside reinforcements. Gamers can also recon the entire 220 km² island of Skira alone or co-operatively in a range of vehicles at day or night in ‘Island Tour.’

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising DLC and Patch Tomorrow Nov 4, 2009, 14:10 StaTik

I bet these guys have been pushing like made to get this DLC out before what little fan based they gathered got board with this game. I would say a week after the game went gold was to late for this DLC. From what I can tell they took content that was going to be in the game to sell as DLC at a later date. I guess they should have left it on the game disk. The greedy morons ended up with a lame game and a DLC pack that will not sell.

GJ dumb asses!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo