Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2009, 16:08 Krovven

Friends had been able to connect to my games without issue since release, yet last night nobody could connect and I couldnt connect to anyone else. So not sure if Gamespy was having issues.

It just seems that Gearbox, whenever faced with a design decision took the easy way out in almost every case.

You can't msg friends on your list to see if they want to coop, so that means using another program (ie: Steam) to communicate and hook up with people. Which if they are using the retail and arent using a 3rd party shotcut through Steam they may not see the msgs if they are in-game anyways.

You can't "Join game in progress" (on Friends list) that prompts the host to accept the join.

Free-for-all looting and lack of proper trading is another example.

Host controls the quests, so as has been repeatedly complained about, if the host is too far ahead the other people can be screwed on their quest progress. We were able to do the Mine Key quest for someone simply because we already knew where to go, and luckily he was still able to loot the key, even though we werent officially doing that quest.

The loot messages only last a few seconds and from what I can tell you can't view the stats on that loot item anywhere. Furthermore, unless I'm missing something, to duel someone, they have to melee you back to accept...so at no time are they obligated to accept the challenge for the loot...and who's to say they'd give it to you anyways, as they doesnt seem to be a system to force trade it.

No achievement system for PC users. It would have been very easy for them to just track them in-game for your own personal reference. But alas, they took the easy way out and just didn't include them at all.

I could make a laundry list of menu screens that have broken mouse-wheel functionality, where Pgup/pgdown works on some screens but not others, no mouse cursor on the Friends screen, etc, etc.

I see they finally put up a manual on Steam, a) covers are placeholder text. b) It's the fucking 360 manual!

Their claims that special attention was made to the PC version and that it was their lead platform, is absolute and complete bullshit lies.

Edit: Something else I thought of, the first 3 NPC's at the beginning of the gmae are well done and have character. After that they seems to be rather generic, just stand there (leaning against a wall) with nothing to define them as an actual character, other than a different name and quests they give.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2009, 16:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo