Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Infinity Ward on Modern Warfare 2's Length

Dev Defends Modern Warfare 2 Length on IGN hears from Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling about the length of the campaign in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which they speculate is not likely to be longer than the approximately six hour campaign in the first Modern Warfare, in spite of the game's premium pricing (thanks Ralph). Bowling tells them: "We try and focus on the experience we're trying to deliver, and we really let the story dictate how long the game is." When asked about the criticism of the length of the first Modern Warfare, Bowling says: "We never go into development saying 'We're going to make a 20 hour game because people want a 20 hour game' we want to deliver an intense experience where you walk away and go 'wow, I want to play more'."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

34. Re: Infinity Ward on Modern Warfare 2's Length Oct 20, 2009, 23:58 Jerykk

I'm so sick of the "old man with a job" argument.

Yeah, it's pretty weak. There's no time limit to playing games. You don't have to beat a game within a week. If you want, you can take a month. Maybe even a year. You can play multiple games at the same time too. The truth is, it's not about free time, it's about attention span. People like to make excuses for their shorter attention spans by claiming that they have no free time. Really, though, that's just a load of crap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo