Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Space 2 in Preproduction

A LinkedIn help wanted ad from Visceral Games (spotted by superannuation, who else?) reveals that Dead Space 2 is in preproduction:

The previous installment in the Dead Space franchise received numerous awards for gameplay, visuals, and sound design, and the same core team is in place to create an even better follow up.

The game is in the later stages of pre-production, ready for production in the next few months, with many of the navigational and combat mechanics in place. We have complete autonomy and creative control over our own decisions. The Games Label at EA is 100% committed to this IP, and has already worked on IP extensions such as comic, animated features, and action figures.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

23. Re: Dead Space 2 in Preproduction Oct 1, 2009, 06:51 Dr. D. Schreber

The v sync 'bug' (there's some reports it was intentional) only hit for me if I used the in game v sync. If I left that unticked and used my control panel's v sync everything ran smooth and with no tearing.

I'm pretty sure it was intentional. When some people reported problems with the controls, EA's initial answer was outright confusion, because they intended the PC version to be identical to the console versions, so no graphical enhancements and V-sync with a 30fps cap. Turning off V-sync somehow turned the cap off as well, which may or may not have been intentional, but the game's lightning engine was used to such great effect that tearing was really obvious and totally immersion-breaking, so the only real way to make the game "ideal" was to force it to raise the FPS cap.

Problems aside, one reason I loved Dead Space is that it's a prime example of what you can do with intelligent design. The graphics aren't fantastic, there are no fancy features or anything, but what they did with it is sensational, the environment is far more immersive, atmospheric and alive than Far Cry 2 or Crysis.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo