Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Gold, Demo Delay

Codemasters announces Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is gold, and the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 military shooter is on track for its planned release on October 6 in North America, October 8 in EPAC territories, and October 9 in the UK. The announcement is accompanied by a new "Eagle Offense Mission" trailer on the YouTube and a batch of new screenshots. Also, though a playable demo was promised before the game's release, a post on the Codemasters forums (thanks Big Download) from about a week ago now says: "The demo plans now are that we will now be releasing a single player and co-op demo on PC only post launch of the full game." Here's a bit from the announcement:

The violence, ferocity and carnage of war is brought to life as troops on both sides attack in authentic formations, use cover realistically and engage in ranged, close-quarters and vehicular combat. USMC forces fight through the airfield’s perimeter before infiltrating the Control Tower, eliminating enemy targets with rapid, ruthless aggression. The Marines then assume defensive positions in readiness for the PLA counter-attack. A Chinese WZ-10 attack helicopter is spectacularly blown out of the sky by a shoulder-launched surface to air missile, before the conflict culminates with PLA armour advancing across a battlefield surrounded by mortar fire and strewn with burning wreckage. This flashpoint is still white hot…

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Gold, Demo Delay Sep 24, 2009, 16:13 Agent.X7

Whats this bringing to the table that those last 2 dont already?

Well, I guess we should spread the news. One game per genre. Sorry, modern action combat is already taken by COD4, and Modern Strategic Combat is already taken by Arma2. I guess all those fantasy MMOs are going to be pissed to findout that WoW has already taken their spot. Dunce

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo