Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Safety Dance

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Safety Dance Sep 25, 2009, 01:37 Bard

It's irrelevant what they 'could' get - we all have a right to PRIVACY.

That includes what we buy and where we buy it.

Any corrupt employee (yes, you can trust everyone who has access to data eh?) or anyone else if the data is leaked can use this sort of information to determine your regular patterns, or other patterns.

For instance one of my clients went on an overseas trip - while he was away a crime syndicate forged his identity and bought all the hardware necessary to set up a grow op. It was determined by the local authorities that this was done by someone who had access to enough computer records to not only know a large amount of data on him and his family but enough to have a new credit card issued at exactly the same time he was travelling overseas.

Data is NEVER safe - Personal data accumulated by governments IS a target because it is valuable. People screw up and not everyone with 'legal' access to the data is trustworthy.

The best way to prevent abuse is to remove the mechanism that gathers it in the first place.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo