Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arkham Asylum Ships

We've seen reports that Batman: Arkham Asylum has been released today in North America as expected, but have not seen an official announcement to that effect. What we have found is a new press release saying the Games for Windows edition of the superhero game is due worldwide Friday, but that is the game's PAL release date. Meanwhile it is available for online purchase through Direct2Drive and Steam as well as e-tailers such as Amazon. A playable demo was released early last month, here are some new screenshots, and here's that press release:

Tuesday 15th September/...Published by Eidos, Inc. under licence from DC Comics, the game features stunning NVIDIA® PhysX® technology that allows for the creation of incredibly realistic worlds full of interactive materials and objects. PC gamers can experience intense realism and fully immerse themselves in Batman’s journey into Gotham City’s asylum for the criminally insane.

Batman: Arkham Asylum exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure that takes them to the depths of Arkham Asylum – Gotham City’s psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City’s most notorious villains who have taken over the asylum. Using a wide range of Batman’s gadgets and abilities, players will become the Invisible Predator and attempt to foil The Joker’s demented scheme.

Batman: Arkham Asylum for Games for Windows® LIVE will be available from Friday, September 18th, 2009. The game is also available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

For more information on Batman: Arkham Asylum, visit www.batmanarkhamasylum.com.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: Game Reviews Sep 16, 2009, 07:41 CJ_Parker

Can you run the game in a window? I prefer that I'm in control of the game; the game is not in control of my desktop.

r u krazee?!?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo