Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Onyxia Returns to WoW

The World of Warcraft Under Development Page outlines plans for a version 3.2.2 content patch that will feature the return of Onyxia (thanks Mike Martinez and 1Up). Word is:

This permanent update to Onyxia will convert the dungeon into a normal 10-player mode and a Heroic 25-player mode. We will be adding new items to Onyxia’s loot table that have the same model as some of the classic loot from this dungeon, like Tier 2 helms, with stats updated to match the current level of content. There will be a special new item too: a normal drake-sized 310% speed flying mount modeled after Onyxia herself called an Onyxia Broodling. We will also be updating the encounter mechanics to be more fitting for modern raiding, but we can guarantee players will get to experience the frightening horror of deep breaths once again.

Then for a limited time, after the 5-year anniversary event officially begins in November, anybody who logs in will receive an Onyxia Brood Whelpling pet.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Re: Onyxia Returns to WoW Aug 14, 2009, 00:10 eunichron

If you are in the very, very small % of guilds that can kill Yogg+0, I only slightly apologize, but these changes don't affect you at all. Until then, you've got work to do.
First off I'll say I believe there's a distinct difference between casuals and bads. I've met many casual players that are extremely good at the game, know the ins and outs, can pick up any class and instantly be good at it, and could easily compete in a world class raiding guild, they just don't have to time to invest in a hardcore raiding guild. Then there are the bads... who are just... bad, simply put. All bads are casual, but not all casuals are bads (though actually a lot of bads play even more than the hardcore).

I quit raiding about 2 months ago. My account expires next week and I won't be renewing it. When I quit my guild had killed a few hard modes (Hodir, Thorim, Flame Leviathan if I remember correctly)... they have since cleared all hard modes, and Algalon in 25man. Yogg+0 is the only thing they haven't cleared yet, but I don't see how that is relevant, as you don't need to be able to kill Yogg+0 to realize that raiding in WotLK is a complete joke compared to Classic and TBC raiding (my same guild was in the top 100 world, and top 50 US on kills for both Illidan and Kil'jaeden).

The raids have gone from epic boss fights like Lady Vashj, Kael'thas, Illidan, M'uru, and Kil'jaeden to the garbage snoozefests that are in Ulduar and Crusader's Coliseum. All you have to do is look at various server's progression threads and see guilds that couldn't kill Yogg+4 killing bosses in Coliseum to see what the raiding game has become; instant gratification and reward for bad players. It no longer requires any thought, strategy, or skill; the bosses are just vending machines for purple colored loot. And you can be rest assured it isn't going to change any time soon, just read between the lines of Ghostcrawler's posts and you can be certain the next expansion will be the MMO form of Idiocracy.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2009, 00:10.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo