Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

What about Prey 2?

When Human Head Studios sent along the help wanted we posted earlier, it got us to wondering about the status of Prey 2, the sequel the Radar Group announced last year for Human Head's 2006 first-person shooter. At the time Radar Group said the sequel "is currently being developed in cooperation with Human Head studios," so we asked Human Head about this, and they indicated that they have not announced Prey 2, and the Radar Group would be in a better position to answer our questions. Completely coincidentally, superannuation just linked to a pair of blog posts (which have since been removed) from a Human Head employee; One is an older post saying employees were taking week-long unpaid furloughs to help with cash flow since they had no current projects, and the other is a more recent post saying they just signed a contract for a major title, further indications that they were not working on Prey 2. We contacted Radar Group to ask about the status of Prey 2, but 24 hours later are yet to receive a reply, so we can just share what Human Head had to say:

Unfortunately, we can't comment on the status of Prey 2, other than to say that we've never announced that it has been in development, so I'm not sure the starting assumption is actually valid.

However, we obviously have a strong attachment to the project, and it's certainly something we're very interested in developing.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: What about Prey 2? Aug 4, 2009, 15:40 Hazard

I'd much rather they worked on a sequel to Rune... now that was a great game, especially for multiplayer.

I second that. Gimme some lizards and a big hammer ;).

Fully automatic backups with Ocster Backup Pro 3
http://www.ocster.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo