Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We were driving yesterday when we hit a huge traffic slowdown, and shortly after noticed a large plume of black smoke rising up ahead. As we inched around the bend we saw that the smoke was coming from a minivan on the median in the immediate aftermath of what was obviously a horrific traffic accident, engulfed in a tremendous fire that looked like a special effect from a Michael Bay movie. Emergency vehicles were already on the scene with a number of good Samaritans attempting to help, so there was nothing for us to do except hope that there were no major injuries, as unlikely as that seemed from the scene. It turns out that this was indeed too much to hope for, as the news on the crash is grim (there's an AP video report on the YouTube), with eight dead, and the victims including both children and elderly folks. The news also explains why the crash was severe enough to cause the minivan to essentially explode, as for some unknown reason, the driver ended up on the parkway driving against traffic. All in all a sad and scary story, and a picture in my mind of that minivan on fire I will never forget.

Horrific Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Golems Universal Constructor. Thanks LinuxGames.
Warp Shot.
Links: Rubik’s Cube Sandwich. Looks as delicious as the toy is fun.
Twitter Pigeon: Offline Twitter Client. Thanks Digg.
Stories: Lego house attempt for James May's Toy Stories. Thanks Neatorama.
Lucky US pets get stuck on acupuncture. Thanks brother19.
Phenomenon - Love in 2-D. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Science: 6 Reasons Your Athletic Performance May Be Lagging. Thanks brother19.
A Gallery of Absolutely Terrifying Super Smash Bros. Cosplay.
McDonald's Adds a New Burger To Their Menu.
Media: Mr. Cluck's - Hurley's New Chicken Shack.
Disneyland Construction Time-Lapse.
Advice for young FilmMakers - from Tarantino, Raimi, Rodriguez.
Follow-ups: Olmos: The Plan Won't Be the Last BSG Movie. Olmos last?
The Funnies: ActionTrip Comic Strip: Yuppie R&R.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2009, 08:39 InBlack

One little correction, obviosuly most people care about their children at least as much as about themselves and in some cases a good deal more...once again for obvious biological reasons....  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo